- Air Quality Flag Program Poster (PDF, 1 p., 2.5MB, about PDF) - An 18" X 24" poster, which can be displayed anywhere in the school (e.g., classrooms, front office) as a reminder of the different flag colors. The poster is not meant to replace the Air Quality and Outdoor Activity Guidance for Schools, which gives teachers, coaches, and parents more detail about what actions to take for each flag color.
- Air Quality and Outdoor Activity Guidance for Schools - The health benefits of regular exercise are well documented. The intent of this chart is to help children continue to exercise while protecting their health when air quality is in unhealthy ranges. (Updated 8/2014)
- Why is Coco Orange? -
Coco the chameleon introduces children age K-2 to the concept of air quality, and how to recognize symptoms and take action when air quality is bad.
- Coloring Page (PDF, 1 p., 1.95MB, about PDF)
- Activity Sheet (Grade K) (PDF, 1 p., 235KB, about PDF)
- Activity Sheet (Grades 1-2) (PDF, 1 p., 238KB, about PDF)
- Activity Sheet (Grades 3-5) (PDF, 1 p., 147KB, about PDF)
- Air Strips Lession Plan (PDF, 4 pp., 287KB, about PDF)
- Birds Eye View Lession Plan (PDF, 5 pp., 422KB, about PDF)
- Field Testing for Ozone Lession Plan (PDF, 6 pp., 306KB, about PDF)
- Particulate Pollution Activity - Paper Wad Game (PDF, 3 pp., 208KB, about PDF)
- What's Up There Besides Air (PDF, 4 pp., 199KB, about PDF)
- Whirling Swirling Air Pollution (PDF, 3 pp., 152KB, about PDF)