- The AQI Colors
- Girl Scout Activity Booklet
- Air Quality Website for Kids - What should you do when the Air Quality Index is orange? Let the chameleons K.C., Koko, and Kool, show you how EPA measures pollution in the air. (For Ages 7 - 10);When is the best day to go outside and play? Buster Butterfly shows you when the air is clean and it's good to play outside and when you should stay inside to play. (For grades K-1)
- Air Quality Website for Students - Learn about ozone and particle pollution by viewing the animations at right. Click on "Smog City" below to see how individual choices, environmental factors and land use contribute to air pollution. The links above and at the lower right will provide students and teachers with more information about ozone, particle pollution, and the Air Quality Index.
- Why is Coco Orange? -
Coco the chameleon introduces children age K-2 to the concept of air quality, and how to recognize symptoms and take action when air quality is bad.
- Coloring Page (PDF, 1p., 1.95MB, about PDF)
- Activity Sheet (Grade K) (PDF, 1p., 235KB, about PDF)
- Activity Sheet (Grades 1-2) (PDF, 1p., 238KB, about PDF)
- Activity Sheet (Grades 3-5) (PDF, 1p., 147KB, about PDF)