Health Care Providers
NOTE: You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader, available as a free download, to view some of the files on this page.
See AIRNow PDF page to learn more about PDF, and for a link to the free Acrobat Reader.
Help your patients protect their health by reducing their exposure to air pollution. This page includes
- information for you about the cardiac and respiratory health effects associated with outdoor air pollution exposure
- educational materials for your patients
Ozone and Your Patients' Health On-line Training - This is a short evidence-based training course for health care providers that explains the physiological effects of ozone and ways people can reduce their exposure to ozone. It includes clinical scenarios and FAQs to help you answer your patients' questions.
- The purpose of this fact sheet is to increase awareness that air pollution can trigger heart attacks, stroke, and other health effects. It also provides information about steps to take to protect your health – including using the Air Quality Index to reduce exposure. It includes information about risk factors for heart disease and stroke, and lists the warning signs of heart attack and stroke. Print it directly from the Web to give to your patients.
Heart Disease, Stroke, and Outdoor Air Pollution (325KB, 2pp., PDF)
This fact sheet is designed to answer questions about how people with asthma can be affected by air pollution and how they can use the Air Quality Index to reduce their exposure. Print it directly from the Web to give to your patients.
Asthma and Outdoor Air Pollution factsheet (502KB, 2pp., PDF)
- This colorful poster is designed for use in patient waiting areas or exam rooms. Use this poster to educate your patients about the health effects of outdoor air pollution on the respiratory and cardiovascular systems.
Effects of Common Air Pollutants Medical Poster (8MB, 1p., PDF)
18"x24" Printable Version (800KB, 1p., PDF)
- Este colorido cartel está diseñado para usarse en las salas de espera o las salas de exámenes médicos. Utilice este cartel para educar a sus pacientes sobre los efectos que produce la contaminación aérea externa en los sistemas respiratorios y cardiovasculares. La traducción al español fue provista por el Santa Barbara County Air Pollution Control District.
Efectos de los contaminantes comunes del aire--cartel médico (8MB, 1p., PDF)
Versión para imprimir, 18" por 24" (1.3MB, 1p., PDF)